As mentioned previously, the country of Freedom Haven will eventually have multiple floating structures and ships, each acting as its own province under the single Freedom Haven Constitution, which preserves the highest level of freedom possible. On this page we’ll share the latest progress on our plan for modeling, prototyping, and building of the structure for the city which we call “New Liberty”. New Liberty will have similar dimensions to these mega structures, except it’ll be shorter and won’t have a bow because it’ll be stationary at a constant GPS location so that other vessels can always find it.
The current plan has the purchase and construction of New Liberty occurring in 4 phases, with lessons-learned from each phase fine-tuning the plans in the subsequent phases:
Phase 1 R&D 1:1000th scale model (completed):
- $0. This was be built out-of-pocket as the initial design was fine tuned and 3d printed.
- Possible location: 3d printed. Small enough to carry.
Phase 2 R&D 1:87th (HO/H0) scale model (fundraising has begun):
- $5 per TEU until all 4,000 TEUs are accounted for
- Possible location for larger model: Mississippi River, Ephemerisle, and other locations we’re invited to. Will need to be hauled in a custom trailer we’ll be constructing for this purpose.
- Fundraising Campaign: https://www.patreon.com/FreedomHaven
Phase 3 R&D with shipyard (perhaps Samsung Heavy Industries):
- $500 per TEU (current estimate) until all 4,000 TEUs are accounted for
- Possible location: South Korea.
Phase 4 Final Structure Build:
- $64,500 per TEU (current estimate of average – some will cost more or less depending on chosen location and weight limits) until all 4,000 TEUs are accounted for. The total price for a resulting TEU is the costs of R&D from phases 2 and 3 plus the phase 4 cost.
- Possible location: Built in South Korea and then moved to Bay of Bengal (near Malaysia/Singapore outside the EEZ of all existing nations).